Teton Village Association seeks an experienced Director of Resort Transportation to join our team. The ideal candidate will support our mission to make Teton Village the #1 destination resort with outstanding customer service skills, a keen interest in overcoming challenges and a desire to create transportation solutions. The Director of Resort Transportation oversees parking & transit programs to reduce traffic.
- Provide a safe environment for employees and guests.
- Prioritize the recruitment, hiring and retention of parking foremen, supervisors. Attendants, and transit drivers who provide positive guest service.
- Oversee and maintain electronic paid parking system to proactively diagnose and avoid problems with the system.
- Supervise daily set up of parking lots.
- Request snow removal and sanding as needed.
- Assist guests with any problems encountered in Village parking lots.
- Is familiar with all parking codes and road regulations within Teton Village.
- Ensure proper signage is posted on roads and parking lots.
- Direct holiday traffic.
- Oversee planning and implement onsite for special events.
- Oversee winter operations at the Stilson intercept parking lot.
- Inspect shuttle buses daily to ensure safe and clean operations.
- Oversee vehicle maintenance records.
TRANSPORTATION DEMAND MANAGEMENT (TDM)
- Is familiar with all TDM program elements.
- Support parking pass program: communicate policies & run needed parking reports.
- Support seasonal START bus pass program for Teton Village employees: communicate with businesses and START Bus as needed.
- Support TDM data collection and reporting as needed.
LOADING & DELIVERIES
- Communicate with vendors and suppliers to mitigate conflicts.
- Support the creation of a central commissary for Village businesses.
- Prepare and maintain operating budget.
- Assist in drafting grant applications for both capital and operations.
- Support the TVA parking committee.
- Engage with TVA board members and participate on internal and external committees when appropriate.
Engages with Resort Parking Manager
Approximate Operating Budget: $1M
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITY
- Ability to interact well with colleagues, employees, customers, vendors and supervisors.
- Familiarity with concepts and practices associated with Transportation Demand Management.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders and community members.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for sustainability and resource stewardship.
- Computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Goal oriented, problem solving, dependable and a self-starter.
EDUCATION OR FORMAL TRAINING:
- Bachelor’s degree, or a minimum of four or more years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid drivers license required; CDL desired.
- Customer Service
- Experience working in a resort environment.
- Experience working in a transportation-related field.
- Experience with automated paid parking technology.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
TETON VILLAGE ASSOCATION OVERVIEW:
Teton Village Association is a Wyoming Special Improvement & Service District and was formed in 1998 to manage the infrastructure needs in the commercial area of Teton Village, as well as the transportation demand management plan to reduce traffic on Highway 390. (TVA) is a local government entity led by an elected Board of Directors that enhances the guest experience to make Teton Village the #1 destination resort community.